Last month I was a terrible blogger! So, this month I'm going to try to do better. To recap September, we took a trip to Tennessee at the beginning of the month. We drove from Tallahassee to Kingsport, TN, which is Chris' hometown. It was suppose to be a 9 to 10 hour car ride, but it took us closer to 12! Ava overall did very well in the car, but we stopped frequently for feedings, diaper changes, etc. On our way up we stopped to visit my PT school friend, Julie (AKA Jules). We stayed at her parents' lakehouse for the night. They live a little outside of Knoxville, so it was pretty much on our way. Julie and her baby boy, Jake, were there for the week. I was thrilled to see Jules and to finally meet Jake! We had a nice visit and then headed out in the morning for our final destination.
Ava and Jake met for the first time! Jake had an adorable smile on his face, Ava, however did not know what to think about him!

We finally reached the beautiful lakehouse in Kingsport. We got to visit family that week, and Ava and I met some of the Cate family for the very first time.

Ava loved Nanny Sue's "coos"!


While we were there we celebrated Chris' 28th birthday! I bought him tennis lessons for his birthday to improve his game!!! He loved it! The next day we headed home. I was sad to see our Tennessee vacation come to an end, but hopefully we will get to visit again soon!

The rest of September went by very quickly. Chris battled the flu, and was out of work for almost a week. Luckily, Ava & I stayed healthy!
Last but not least, our family received some exciting news in September! Kevin and Ashley announced they are expecting a little one!!! We are absolutely overjoyed for them and even more excited that Ava will have a playmate. Ashley is due on May 9th. We will keep you updated as the Cate family continues to grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment